By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News
Portland police on Tuesday identified a suspect in Sunday night’s attack on a truck driver who was seen on video being pulled from the vehicle and violently beaten.
Portland Police Bureau is on the hunt for Marquise Love, who also goes by the name “Keese Love,” for his alleged involvement in the vicious assault that was caught on video and circulated on social media.
Marquise Love (Portland Police Bureau)
PORTLAND MAYOR TED WHEELER DENOUNCES ‘ALL VIOLENCE’ AFTER BRUTAL ATTACK ON PICKUP DRIVER
Officials said in a press release they have made several attempts to reach 25-year-old Love, but have so far been unsuccessful. They have said they have probable cause for his arrest.
Shortly before 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a 911 call from someone who reported that protesters “chased a white Ford” four-by-four truck, which then crashed in the downtown area, according to a department press release. Protesters then dragged the driver out of the vehicle, one caller stated. Another told police an estimated nine to 10 people began “beating the guy,” the caller stated.
PORTLAND PROTEST TURNS VIOLENT, BRUTAL ASSAULT CAUGHT ON VIDEO
When police arrived, they discovered the man unconscious and transported him to a local hospital.
“Investigators learned that the victim may have been trying to help a transgender female who had some of her things stolen in the area of Southwest Taylor and 4th Ave, the location where this incident began,” police said late Monday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Brent Christensen at 503-823-2087 or at Brent.Christensen@portlandoregon.gov.
- Twitter Shares Fall Even More Following Trump Ban
- Trump Signs Executive Order to Protect US Against Security Threats From Drones
- My Pillow CEO Says Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl’s to Stop Selling His Products
- CCP Virus Updates: Mutations Rise Along With Cases
- US Counterintelligence Chief Warns China Poses ‘Severe’ Threat to US
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on