By Yael Halon | Fox News
AG tells ‘Life, Liberty & Levin’ that the left views opposition as ‘evil because we stand in the way of their progressive utopia’.
The United States is grappling with a new form of “urban guerrilla warfare” driven by the left’s “lust for power,” Attorney General William Barr told “Life, Liberty & Levin” on Sunday.
Discussing the ongoing Black Lives Matter riots rippling through several U.S. cities, Barr told host Mark Levin that the organization — which has been characterized by the media as a fed-up activist group — is comprised of “Bolsheviks” with a focus on on “some form of socialism, communism.”
“They are a revolutionary group that is interested in some form of socialism, communism. They’re essentially Bolsheviks. Their tactics are fascistic,” he said.
BARR BLASTS FAR LEFT FOR MAKING POLITICS A ‘SECULAR RELIGION’
Barr compared the nationwide riots to “a new form of urban guerrilla warfare.”
“The way the guerrilla…hides out among the people as a fish in the ocean…what they do is they are essentially shielding themselves or shrouding themselves in First Amendment activity,” he explained. “They go into the demonstrations, which are exercising First Amendment activity, and they insinuate themselves in there to shield themselves. That’s where they swim. And what they do is they hijack these demonstrations and they and they provoke violence.”
The group’s radical leanings are reflective of the Democratic party’s far-left shift in recent years, Barr said. “The left has “pulled away from the umbrella of classical liberal values that have undergirded” America and made a “secular religion” out of seeking “complete political victory,” he argued.
LEVIN SLAMS DEMOCRATS OVER TREATMENT OF AG BARR, CALLS OBAMA ‘PATHOLOGICAL LIAR’
It began the day Trump won in 2016, “and from that point forward, there’s been the resistance,” Barr told Levin. “They were trying to impeach him from Day One. They have done everything they can..and I think it’s because of the desire for power that the left wants.”
“They want to run people’s lives so they can design utopia for all of us…it’s the lust for power.”— AG Bill Barr, ‘Life, Liberty & Levin’
Power has become a “secular religion of the left,” Barr asserted. “They want to run people’s lives so they can design utopia for all of us…and it’s the lust for power. And they weren’t expecting Trump’s victory. And it outrages them.”
Barr later condemned the media for “projecting a narrative” and selling a “lie” to the American people in their watered-down coverage of the civil unrest.
“You don’t see it on the networks. You don’t see it on the other cable stations. And yet you hear about these peaceful demonstrators. So it’s you know, it’s just it’s a lie. The American people are being told a lie by the media,” Barr said.
The media has become “extremely monolithic,” he concluded, “and it’s wedded in many ways to the Democratic Party.”
Fox News’ Charles Creitz contributed to this report.
- Republicans on North Carolina Board of Elections resign after mail-in ballot changes
- Trump says Biden ‘should leave the campaign’ after Senate GOP report on Hunter Biden’s business dealings
- E.W. Scripps nears $2.65B takeover of ION Media in Berkshire deal
- 2020 now a referendum on vengeful Democrats, not controversial Trump
- McConnell calls Schumer ‘uniquely non-credible’ on judicial norms, Dem leader slams GOP on ‘fiction’ precedent
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on