By Samuel Allegri
The Alabama GOP gave former President Donald Trump a framed copy of a resolution the party passed unanimously, declaring him to be “one of the greatest and most effective presidents” in the history of the United States.
The framed resolution was presented to Trump at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday evening.
“Whereas, President Donald J. Trump was one of the greatest and most effective presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic,” the resolution honoring Trump reads at the start.
“President Trump put the American people and the American worker first in all his decisions and policies,” it continues.
It then goes on to mention other achievements by the 45th president, such as “Operation Warp Speed,” the largest tax cuts in American history, and withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), replacing them with the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA.)
“The resolution, basically, it just talks about the greatness of Donald J. Trump, how he made America great again and I hope other states will follow suit,” Perry Hooper Jr., a member of the state party’s executive committee, told Fox News.
Hooper was Trump’s Alabama campaign co-chairman in 2016 and worked on Trump’s campaign finance committee ahead of the 2020 election.
“He’s just done so many great things,” Hooper said. “I was a kid when Reagan was elected and I thought nobody would top the great things Ronald Reagan did. But then comes along Donald J Trump and in my opinion, he’s not just one of the great presidents, he is the greatest president we’ve had in America.”
The resolution also praises Trump for standing up to China and revitalizing American manufacturing.
“He stood up to China,” the resolution states, “bringing back manufacturing industry to the U.S. and by increasing ‘made in the U.S.A.’ production while securing access to new markets for America’s farmers.”
The article also mentions his building up of the military and assigning 220 federal judges “who will interpret the Constitution as written,” as well as confirming three judges to the Supreme court.
It says that Trump showed “strength and leadership” internationally by withdrawing from the “shady” Iran nuclear deal and installing the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem.
“President Trump accomplished more in 48 months than Joe Biden did in 48 years as a senator and vice president,” the resolution reads.
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to More Blood Clot Cases: CDC
- South Carolina Governor Allows Mask Opt-Out in Schools, Bans Vaccine Passports
- House Republicans Oust Rep. Liz Cheney as GOP Conference Chairwoman
- Windham, New Hampshire 2020 Election Audit Starts
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on