By Charles Creitz | Fox News
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation should never have been written, according to Alan Dershowitz.
The Constitution does not explicitly provide for special counsels or special prosecutors, Dershowitz said Tuesday on “The Ingraham Angle.”
He added such offices are “inconsistent” with the founding document, adding that there wasn’t a pretense for the several-hundred-page conclusion to the investigation into President Trump.
HOUSE VOTES TO HOLD BARR, MCGAHN IN ‘CONTEMPT,’ WITH ANOTHER VOTE EXPECTED SOON
Dershowitz also claimed Democrats have no legal right to have Mueller testify before them.
“Prosecutors have a right to say only one thing: We have concluded there’s no evidence sufficient to charge the president with Russian collusion or obstruction of justice, period. I’m taking no questions, I’m making no public report. I’m giving my findings to the attorney general.
“No prosecutor should go beyond that.”
Earlier Tuesday, House Democrats passed a civil enforcement resolution they said effectively holds Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in contempt of Congress.
Barr previously skipped a hearing on the findings of the Mueller report after Trump asserted executive privilege.
The news came just a day after a key Democrat-led committee postponed its own contempt vote and said the Justice Department was cooperating with its investigation.
On Monday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., announced he had reached a deal with the Justice Department to access key documents related to potential obstruction of justice, and that he would pause efforts to have the full House vote on that measure.
Fox News’ Gregg Re contributed to this report.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on