By Julia Musto | Fox News
The impeachment inquiry is a “political process kind of masquerading as a legal one,” former Assistant U.S. Attorney Andy McCarthy said Thursday.
According to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday, just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office.
A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while five percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.
A new Fox News Poll shows 51 percent believe President Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while only 40 percent believe he should not be impeached.
Appearing on “America’s Newsroom” with Bill Hemmer, McCarthy said that the relevance of the new Fox News polling is “that the more it ticks above 50 percent,” the easier it will become for Democrats to vote in the House on an impeachment inquiry.
“So, maybe that vote becomes less painful for these vulnerable Democrats,” McCarthy mused.
“As far as the rest of it is concerned,” McCarthy added, “the whistleblower working with Democrats — it’s more important that they’re Democrats than whether they’re candidates or lawmakers — that helps the president’s case that this is a politicized process and that there’s not a real impeachable offense at the bottom of it.”
“And those are the tensions that will play out in the coming weeks,” he told Hemmer.Julia Musto is a reporter for Foxnews.com
- Biden campaign faces backlash for TV ad depicting Michigan tech CEO as struggling bar owner
- More trouble for Joe Biden as Ukrainian lawmaker claims second laptop belonging to Hunter’s business contacts in the country has been seized by law enforcement
- FBI on notice after ballot box in major city set on fire
- Windows 10 is breaking PCs–here’s the problem, and what Microsoft is doing
- The 3 American Counties With Zero Cases of COVID-19
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says new criminal allegations against AG Ken Paxton ‘raise serious concerns’ on
- Chris Wallace: Trump ‘bears the primary responsibility for what happened’ at the debate on
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on