By Zachary Stieber
President Joe Biden’s climate czar John Kerry was seen maskless on a plane despite requirements that passengers don face coverings, sparking an investigation from American Airlines.
Kerry was seen reading a book while on a flight from Boston to Washington on March 17. He was not participating in activities that allow passengers to take off masks, such as eating or drinking.
American Airlines said that masks are required on board its aircraft and that it was probing the situation.
In February, American’s COO David Seymour said the airlines would mandate masks to align with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention directive that was issued in accordance with an executive order from Biden.
“Our mask requirement has been and will continue to be a critical component of our comprehensive effort to protect the health and well-being of our customers and team members during the pandemic,” he said in a statement. “This federal mandate will provide additional support to our crew members who are working diligently to enforce our policy and further reinforce the safety of air travel during COVID-19.”
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.
Biden has repeatedly exhorted Americans to wear masks, even if they’ve been vaccinated against the virus.
Kerry, the special presidential envoy for climate and a former Democrat presidential candidate, said in a tweet that there appeared to be a misunderstanding.
“Let’s be clear: If I dropped my mask to one ear on a flight, it was momentary. I wear my mask because it saves lives and stops the spread. It’s what the science tells us to do,” he wrote.
The passenger who snapped the picture told Fox News that Kerry’s mask was off for five minutes.
“If five minutes is ‘momentarily,’ he’s correct. Not sure being in a plane without a mask for five minutes is excusable,” the passenger said.
American Airlines told the outlet that no crew members saw Kerry without a mask and no fellow passengers alerted crew to what was happening.
“We continue to review the matter and we are reaching out to Secretary Kerry to underscore that all customers are expected to wear masks for the duration of their trip,” the company said.
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to More Blood Clot Cases: CDC
- South Carolina Governor Allows Mask Opt-Out in Schools, Bans Vaccine Passports
- House Republicans Oust Rep. Liz Cheney as GOP Conference Chairwoman
- Windham, New Hampshire 2020 Election Audit Starts
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on