By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
Joe Biden raised eyebrows on Tuesday evening over his attempt to appeal to Hispanic voters at a campaign event in Kissimmee, Fla.
The event was meant to commemorate the Hispanic Heritage Month. The Democratic candidate was the last speaker to take the podium, following several supporters including Eva Longoria, Ricky Martin and Luis Fonsi.
However, when Biden approached the podium, he paused and reached for his phone in his pocket.
“I just have one thing to say,” Biden began as he looked down at his phone. “Hang on here.”
BIDEN BUNGLES DEM TICKET, REFERS TO ‘HARRIS-BIDEN ADMINISTRATION’ IN CAMPAIGN SPEECH
He then held his phone to the microphone, which began playing the 2017 hit song “Despacito” from Fonsi, who had introduced the candidate. After roughly 15 seconds of bobbing his head and gently dancing behind the podium, he paused the music.
“I’ll tell you what — if I had the talent of any one of these people, I’d be elected president by acclamation,” Biden chuckled.
Critics piled on the former VP over the “cringe” moment.
“Oh my,” CBS News correspondent Ed O’Keefe reacted.
“Does @JoeBiden realize that Despacito means ‘slowly’? Fits well with Slow Joe,” Trump campaign senior adviser Mercedes Schlapp quipped.
KAMALA HARRIS ACCIDENTALLY TOUTS PLANS UNDER A ‘HARRIS ADMINISTRATION’ DURING VIRTUAL ROUNDTABLE
“This is so unbelievably cringe,” tweeted Erielle Davidson, a senior policy analyst at the Jewish Institute for National Security of America.
Earlier in the day, Biden turned heads when he bungled the Democratic ticket, touting plans under a “Harris-Biden administration.”
He also mistakenly confused Iran and Iraq when referring to fallen American soldiers in a speech geared toward veterans, saying “U.S. troops died in Iran and Afghanistan.”
- Potential Supreme Court nominee Barbara Lagoa could help Trump win Florida, state Republicans say
- Stripe is paying employees $20,000 if they leave big cities but there’s a caveat
- Battle lines drawn over Ginsburg vacancy as Trump teases weekend announcement
- ICE responds to ‘Squad’ member calling for deportation halt amid pandemic
- Anti-lockdown protests demand cities reconsider resuming coronavirus restrictions
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on