By Sam Dorman | Fox News
‘This is straight from the Trump campaign talking points,’ TJ Ducklo tells Bret Baier.
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s national press secretary attempted to deflect a question about whether the Democratic nominee used a teleprompter to answer questions from regular Americans Thursday, claiming President Trump’s campaign was trying to use the issue as a “distraction.”
“We are not going to — this is straight from the Trump campaign talking points,” TJ Ducklo told “Special Report” host Bret Baier.
“And what it does, Bret, is it’s trying to distract the American people from –,” Ducklo began to add before Baier interjected and asked him to provide a yes or no answer.
FLASHBACK: BIDEN MOCKED AFTER APPARENT TELEPROMPTER ISSUE DURING CORONAVIRUS REMARKS: ‘LET ME GO TO THE SECOND THING’
“They talk about it every day, Bret, because they don’t have a coherent strategy … they talk about it every day because they don’t have a coherent argument for why Donald Trump deserves reelection, deserves four more years,” Ducklo went on.
“We know that he lied to the American people. We know that he has not shown leadership during this crisis and they are desperate to throw anything they can against the wall to try to distract from that fact.”
FLASHBACK: BIDEN ADVISER SYMONE SANDERS BRISTLES AT QUESTION ABOUT ‘YOU AIN’T BLACK’ REMARKS: ‘I’M NOT GOING TO DO THIS’
The spokesman insisted to Baier that he wouldn’t allow the Trump campaign to “funnel their questions through Fox News and get me to respond to that.”
Earlier this week, video surfaced of Biden appearing to ask his staff to adjust a teleprompter during a Q&A session with AFL-CIO members.
“Move it up here,” Biden said, before pausing and answering a question from barista Rebecca Vedrine.
During a television interview earlier this month, Biden began a response to a question about foreign policy by saying, in part, “Look, Venezuela topline message is President Trump’s policy is an abject failure.”
- Republicans on North Carolina Board of Elections resign after mail-in ballot changes
- Trump says Biden ‘should leave the campaign’ after Senate GOP report on Hunter Biden’s business dealings
- E.W. Scripps nears $2.65B takeover of ION Media in Berkshire deal
- 2020 now a referendum on vengeful Democrats, not controversial Trump
- McConnell calls Schumer ‘uniquely non-credible’ on judicial norms, Dem leader slams GOP on ‘fiction’ precedent
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on