By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
‘Joe, you got to hurry up and announce your Black woman VP so I can be enthused about voting for her,’ the radio host said.
“The Breakfast Club” radio host Charlamagne Tha God blasted former Vice President Joe Biden for calling President Trump the “first” racist president to be elected.
On Wednesday, Biden took aim at the president’s alleged racism, suggesting it’s historic compared to his predecessors.
“No sitting president has ever done this… No Republican president has done this. No Democratic president. We’ve had racists and they’ve existed and they’ve tried to get elected president. He’s the first one that has,” Biden said.
However, Charlamagne declared the presumptive Democratic candidate Thursday’s “Donkey of the Day” for his comments.
BIDEN CAMPAIGN CLARIFIES CLAIM TRUMP ‘FIRST’ RACIST PRESIDENT, AFTER PAST SLAVE OWNERS NOTED
“I really wish Joe Biden would shut the eff up forever and continue to act like he’s starring in the movie ‘A Quiet Place’ because as soon as he opens his mouth and makes noise, he gets us all killed, OK?” the radio host said. “There’s already so many people who are reluctantly only voting for Joe Biden because he’s the only option and because Donald J. Trump is that trash.”
Charlamagne then cited polling that showed a wide enthusiasm gap between Biden and Trump, noting that it’s “not good” for the Democrat to be lacking excitement among his voters, and suggested Biden’s latest remarks will further contribute to the “lack of enthusiasm.”
“Old white male leadership has failed America and there is nothing worse than an old white male [who] can’t recognize the faults and flaws of other old white males,” Charlamagne told listeners. “Racism is the American way. Donald Trump is not the first. And sadly, he won’t be the last, right? He’s just more overt with his racism than most presidents in recent times.”
BIDEN SAYS ‘PEOPLE’ DON’T MAKE DISTINCTION BETWEEN CHINESE, OTHER ASIANS WHILE KNOCKING TRUMP’S CHINA ATTACKS
The “Breakfast Club” co-host accused Biden of “revisionist history,” calling his claim about Trump “a lie” that “relinquishes America of all responsibility of its bigotry.”
“How are we ever going to atone for America’s original sins if we don’t acknowledge them?” Charlemagne asked in reaction to Biden’s remarks. “How the hell can Donald Trump be the first racist president in a country where 12 presidents before him owned slaves?”
He later offered a message directly to Biden.
“Joe, you got to hurry up and announce your Black woman VP [vice president] so I can be enthused about voting for her because I will never be enthused about voting for you, and you know America is a terrible place when Kanye West seems like a viable option,” Charlagmne added.
Charlamagne tha God created headlines during his interview with Biden in May after the former VP suggested that “you ain’t Black” if Black voters were considering voting for Trump. Biden later walked back those remarks.
- Biden downplayed Antifa’s threat at Tuesday’s debate, but the WH, experts believe it’s a terror group
- Chamber of Commerce’s top political strategist abruptly forced out
- US private employers add 749,000 jobs in September, topping expectations
- Mnuchin signals stimulus deal is near, driving Dow up nearly 400 points at open
- House GOP China task force to release report on combating Chinese Communist Party: ‘US must act decisively’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on