By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
An advisory board member for Black Voices for Trump said on Thursday that Black Americans in Chicago are not safe due to the rampant gun violence in the city.
“It’s sad and something has to happen and I am so thankful for President Trump because he is definitely making sure [to fulfill] his promise of making American safe again,” Diante Johnson told “Fox & Friends” defending the commander in chief’s move to deploy federal agents to address the rampant violence in the city.
HOURS AFTER CHICAGO MASS SHOOTING, 2 KILLED IN SEPARATE INCIDENTS
President Trump is deploying 100 federal agents to Chicago to help combat rising rates of some crimes – a move that marks an expansion of the White House’s intervention into local law enforcement as Trump continues to position himself as the “law and order” president.
The “surge” of agents announced on Wednesday to Chicago and other American cities is part of Operation Legend – named after 4-year-old LeGend Taliferro, who was fatally shot while sleeping in a Kansas City apartment late last month – and comes as federal law enforcement officers have already been deployed to Portland, Ore., and Kansas City, Mo.
“The effort to shut down police in their own communities has led to a shocking explosion of shootings, killing, violence, murders,” Trump said during a speech in the White House’s East Room. “This rampage of violence shocks the conscience of our nation and we will not stand by and watch it happen.”
“There needs to be a peace of mind in Chicago, there needs to be a peace of mind that people could actually feel safe by being in their own neighborhoods, places where they are paying taxes,” Johnson said.
Johnson said that Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot does not care about the violent conditions in Chicago.
“I heard one person say that when it comes to Democrats, Black lives don’t matter, Black votes matter,” Johnson said.
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Rep. Doug Collins’ ‘Big Idea’: A constitutional amendment to block court packing
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on