By Brie Stimson | Fox News
A deadly weekend of Chicago gun violence left two police officers wounded early Sunday, a police department spokesman confirmed.
Both officers were hospitalized but their medical conditions were not immediately known, the spokesman wrote on Twitter.
Between Friday evening and Saturday afternoon at least 5 people were killed and more than a dozen hurt in city shootings.
A 19-year-old man was fatally shot around 7 p.m. Friday by a man who got out of an SUV and hit him in the chest and stomach. He was pronounced dead at a hospital, WMAQ-TV of Chicago reported.
Within 20 minutes, a 39-year-old man was killed in a drive-by shooting while he sat on a porch with two others. He was hit multiple times in the legs and pronounced dead at a hospital.
CHICAGO GUN VIOLENCE IS RAMPANT AND ‘IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES,’ LAWRENCE JONES SAYS
A 66-year-old woman who was also on the porch was in critical condition after being hit in a shoulder.
About an hour later, a 21-year-old was killed in a separate drive-by shooting as he walked out of a gas station mini-mart. He was pronounced dead at a hospital after being hit multiple times.
Minutes later, a woman was shot in the stomach and killed by an unknown suspect while walking on a sidewalk with a 31-year-old woman. The 31-year-old was taken to a hospital in fair condition after being hit in a thigh.
A 40-year-old man was also found fatally shot after 3 p.m. Saturday, according to WLS-TV in Chicago.
No arrests have been made, according to WMAQ.
Four others were fatally shot in the city on Thursday, FOX 32 reported.
“People … are in despair there,” Fox Nation host Lawrence Jones said earlier this month, adding that it seems like no one cares about the rampant violence that has also left multiple young children dead recently.
“A lot of these shootings are done by kids. 17, 18, 19 years old and the community keeps saying, ‘Well, there is a broken education system. There is poverty in these communities.’ Any criminologist will tell you that is a breeding fest for crime, so how do we tackle that?”
- Biden downplayed Antifa’s threat at Tuesday’s debate, but the WH, experts believe it’s a terror group
- Chamber of Commerce’s top political strategist abruptly forced out
- US private employers add 749,000 jobs in September, topping expectations
- Mnuchin signals stimulus deal is near, driving Dow up nearly 400 points at open
- House GOP China task force to release report on combating Chinese Communist Party: ‘US must act decisively’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on