By Brian Flood | Fox News
CNN’s 24/7 Trump-bashing strategy doesn’t seem to be working.
The beleaguered network’s primetime hosts Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon celebrated Thanksgiving with the network’s lowest-rated week in primetime viewership in nearly three years.
Fox News averaged 2.2 million viewers during the primetime hours of 9-11 p.m. ET from Nov. 25 through Dec. 1, while MSNBC averaged 1.3 million viewers during the same time period and CNN managed only 643,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in nearly three years and the liberal network’s worst turnout among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 in over five years.
DEVIN NUNES SUES CNN FOR $435M OVER ‘FALSE AND DEFAMATORY’ UKRAINE STORY
Thanksgiving didn’t make for a slow news week, as CNN’s hapless totals came amid ongoing news regarding impeachment hearings of President Trump, the controversy surrounding the handling of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, Mike Bloomberg launching a 2020 presidential bid, Trump’s surprise trip to Afghanistan and significant weather-related stories.
CNN averaged only 138,000 primetime demo viewers — less than half of Fox News’ average of 303,000 during the week.
Fox News was the most-watched cable network among total day viewers for the 47th straight week, averaging 1.3 million. Hallmark Channel, ESPN, MSNBC and Nickelodeon joined FNC among the top five.
CNN’S CHRIS CUOMO MOCKED AFTER ATTEMPT TO DISPROVE TRUMP’S PHONE THEORY WITH CALL TO MOM FAIL
FNC beat CNN and MSNBC combined in both total day and primetime viewership. “The Five,” which airs at 5 p.m. ET, even beat MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” among total viewers for the week.
As CNN posted historic lows, episodes of “Hannity,” “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” “The Ingraham Angle,” “The Story with Martha MacCallum” and “Special Report” with Bret Baier accounted for 15 of the 30 most-watched telecasts across all of cable during the holiday weekend.
Things don’t seem to be on track to turn around for CNN, as the network’s special town hall event with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the day she announced that articles of impeachment against President Trump were being drafted only averaged 1.6 million viewers and 410,000 in the demo on Thursday night, well behind both Fox News and MSNBC in both categories.
All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News.
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to More Blood Clot Cases: CDC
- South Carolina Governor Allows Mask Opt-Out in Schools, Bans Vaccine Passports
- House Republicans Oust Rep. Liz Cheney as GOP Conference Chairwoman
- Windham, New Hampshire 2020 Election Audit Starts
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on