By Brie Stimson | Fox News
‘When you air the interviews you already have, then maybe we can discuss new ones. #FakeNews,’ he tweeted.
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, called out CNN’s Chris Cuomo Wednesday for challenging the senator to give an interview on his show when the network only aired a fraction of a several-minute interview he gave CNN earlier this week.
Cuomo dared Cruz to come on his show and “make the case” in a tweet earlier with a retweeted video of Cruz criticizing the increase in unemployment compensation amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“First question: show me the numbers, please? #doyourjob,” Cuomo added.
Cruz quickly shot back at the “Prime Time” host, telling Cuomo the clip he retweeted was from a “CNN EXCLUSIVE yesterday…that y’all largely refused to air.”
He said he spoke to the network for nearly seven minutes but CNN only ran “15 sec on TV.”
“When you air the interviews you already have, then maybe we can discuss new ones. #FakeNews #doyourjob,” he tweeted.
CNN did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News.
He didn’t specify which show played the clip. CNN included more of the interview on its website.
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Liz Peek: Biden and the debate – this could shake up the race as former VP finally gets grilled
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on