By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
The liberal anchor rarely expresses criticism of Democrats.
CNN anchor Don Lemon offered a rare scolding of a Democrat, this time House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., over her controversial visit to a San Francisco hair salon in violation of state and local coronavirus ordinances.
In security footage obtained by Fox News and timestamped Monday at 3:08 p.m. PT, the California political powerhouse is seen walking through ESalonSF with wet hair, and without a mask. During an appearance on MSNBC that night, Pelosi criticized President Trump for giving his Republican National Convention acceptance speech before a live audience on the South Lawn at the White House.
On Wednesday, the top Democratic lawmaker accused the salon of “setting her up” and called on the struggling business to apologize to her.
Lemon seemed to question Pelosi’s story and asked his viewers “shouldn’t she know better?”
NBC MEDIA REPORTER HAMMERED FOR DISMISSING CONTROVERSY OVER PELOSI SALON TRIP
“This far into the pandemic this House Speaker should know what is safe and what isn’t,” Lemon said. “We should all know. It’s our responsibility.”
The liberal anchor continued, “Instead of claiming a setup, it would have been just as easy for the speaker to say, ‘You know what, I messed up. I should have worn a mask indoors.'”
During an exclusive interview with Fox News Tuesday, salon owner Erica Kious cast Pelosi’s visit as part of a double standard.
“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)
“We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right?” Kious said. “It is just disturbing.”
Fox News’ Brooke Singman contributed to this report.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead: Apple’s Tim Cook, other business leaders react
- Penny Nance: After Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death conservative women are ready to fight for Trump’s nominee
- US Army boosting presence in Syria, says ISIS ‘still poses a threat’
- NASA keeps astronaut selection for bold new missions shrouded in mystery
- Thousands told to return unemployment overpayment
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on