By Jack Phillips
Connecticut Republican House Rep. Craig Fishbein was called the loser in a race for his seat until an error was found and it flipped back to him.
The win was previously called for Democrat Jim Jinks, according to the CT Mirror. Wallingford Town Clerk Barbara Thompson told news outlets that her office on Tuesday found that votes hadn’t been recorded in Connecticut’s reporting system at Yalesville Elementary School.
“I can’t answer if it was a clerical error or a computer error in the elections management system,” Thompson told the Mirror. “All I know is we caught it yesterday and amended it.”
The Connecticut Secretary of State’s data says Fishbein is now ahead of Jinks by 21 votes, but a recount will be conducted on Thursday because the margin of error is within 0.50 percent.
“There’s no circumstance when an error like that is not caught and corrected,” Gabe Rosenberg, a spokesman for the secretary of the state, told the Mirror.
In Michigan, a similar incident was reported in Antrim County where a GOP official’s race was initially called for the Democratic challenger before it was revealed that a software error flipped several thousand votes. Michigan’s Department of State said last week that the clerk didn’t update software that was used to collect voting machine data.
GOP officials, however, expressed concerns in a press conference last week, suggesting that other counties used the same software from Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion Systems has denied the GOP’s allegations.
The incident comes in the midst of lawsuits and allegations of voter fraud and irregularities in several battleground states.
- Maricopa County Audit Report Expected in August
- Gov. Abbott Signs Into Law 7 Bills Enforcing Second Amendment in Texas, Including Constitutional Carry
- Pennsylvania Election Audit a ‘Very Real Possibility’: Top Senate Republican
- Probe Into Fulton County Absentee Ballot Forms Started Before Public Announcement: Official
- Entire Portland Police Rapid Response Team Quits After Officer’s Indictment
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on