By Fox Business
FBI agents on Tuesday raided the Cleveland offices of a building with connections to a Ukrainian oligarch, according to reports.
Agents could be removing material from the office Optima Management Group in One Cleveland Center, Fox 8 reported.
Igor Kolomoisky, billionaire and governor of the Dnipropetrovsk region speaks during an interview in Dnipropetrovsk May 24, 2014. (Reuters)
Optima is a conglomerate of U.S. companies with real estate interests in Cleveland Center, including the building One Cleveland Center.
The company is tied to Ukrainian billionaire Igor Kolomoisky, who formerly owned PrivatBank in Ukraine.
The Ukrainian bank filed a civil lawsuit in U.S. District Court last year, alleging that Kolomoisky, his associates, and the Optima group affiliates in Cleveland used PrivatBank “as their own personal piggy bank.”
SBA DISASTER LOAN INVESTIGATION REVEALS RAMPANT FRAUD: REPORT
The lawsuit accused PrivatBank of issuing fraudulent loans and using Optima’s properties in Cleveland “to launder hundreds of millions of dollars” into the United States, Fox 8 reported.
An IRS spokesman told cleveland.com that agents were present during Tuesday’s raid. FBI spokeswoman Vicki Anderson told the outlet that search warrants were also executed at an office in Miami in connection with the investigation.
No one has been charged or taken into custody and the investigation is ongoing, Anderson said.
Kolomoisky’s attorney could not be reached for comment.
- Maricopa County Audit Report Expected in August
- Gov. Abbott Signs Into Law 7 Bills Enforcing Second Amendment in Texas, Including Constitutional Carry
- Pennsylvania Election Audit a ‘Very Real Possibility’: Top Senate Republican
- Probe Into Fulton County Absentee Ballot Forms Started Before Public Announcement: Official
- Entire Portland Police Rapid Response Team Quits After Officer’s Indictment
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on