By Fox Business
FBI agents on Tuesday raided the Cleveland offices of a building with connections to a Ukrainian oligarch, according to reports.
Agents could be removing material from the office Optima Management Group in One Cleveland Center, Fox 8 reported.
Igor Kolomoisky, billionaire and governor of the Dnipropetrovsk region speaks during an interview in Dnipropetrovsk May 24, 2014. (Reuters)
Optima is a conglomerate of U.S. companies with real estate interests in Cleveland Center, including the building One Cleveland Center.
The company is tied to Ukrainian billionaire Igor Kolomoisky, who formerly owned PrivatBank in Ukraine.
The Ukrainian bank filed a civil lawsuit in U.S. District Court last year, alleging that Kolomoisky, his associates, and the Optima group affiliates in Cleveland used PrivatBank “as their own personal piggy bank.”
SBA DISASTER LOAN INVESTIGATION REVEALS RAMPANT FRAUD: REPORT
The lawsuit accused PrivatBank of issuing fraudulent loans and using Optima’s properties in Cleveland “to launder hundreds of millions of dollars” into the United States, Fox 8 reported.
An IRS spokesman told cleveland.com that agents were present during Tuesday’s raid. FBI spokeswoman Vicki Anderson told the outlet that search warrants were also executed at an office in Miami in connection with the investigation.
No one has been charged or taken into custody and the investigation is ongoing, Anderson said.
Kolomoisky’s attorney could not be reached for comment.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on