By Brian Flood | Fox News
Fox News averaged 4.3 million viewers during primetime on Monday night to dominate cable news during coverage of the bungled Iowa caucuses.
Fox’s coverage, co-anchored by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, topped MSNBC’s 2.6 million viewers from 8-11 p.m. ET while CNN finished last. Fox News more than doubled CNN’s primetime average viewership of 1.8 million.
Fox News also finished with the most viewers among the key demographic of adults age 25-54, averaging 793,000 during primetime compared to 702,000 for CNN and 612,000 for MSNBC.
‘BILL HEMMER REPORTS’ GOES WHERE THE NEWS IS BEING MADE: ‘IT GIVES YOU PERSPECTIVE’
The Iowa caucuses turned into a debacle, with the Iowa Democratic Party blaming a “coding issue” in its app for the delayed results.
Fox News averaged 4.3 million viewers during primetime on Monday night during coverage of the Iowa caucuses.
Shannon Bream took over anchor duties at 12:30 a.m. and continued FNC’s momentum.
Fox News averaged 3.4 million viewers from 6 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., topping MSNBC’s 2.1 million and CNN’s 1.5 million in that category, too. During the extended time period, FNC averaged 656,000 demo viewers compared to CNN’s 591,000 and MSNBC’s 506,000.
Fox News also topped both MSNBC and CNN from 6 p.m. – 2 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. – 2 a.m.
Fox News recently celebrated its 18th consecutive year as the most-watched cable news network, dating back to January 2002. FNC’s 18-year streak is for both primetime and total day viewers, including the key demo.
Fox News clinched the feat with a dominant January 2020, averaging 1.7 million total day viewers and 2.9 primetime viewers. It was the network’s highest-rated month among total day viewers since February 2017 and among primetime viewers since November 2016.
While Fox News grew 28 percent compared to the previous year among total viewers, liberal cable networks MSNBC and CNN both saw declines. MSNBC averaged 996,000 viewers, down 12 percent from January 2019 and CNN managed only 751,000, an 8 percent drop.
All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News.
- China Emits More Greenhouse Gas Than Developed Countries Combined: Report
- Arizona Senate President Says She Thinks Election Audit Will Uncover ‘Irregularities’
- Californians to Lose Congressional Seat
- How the Biden-Harris Migration ‘Fix’ Would Throw Good Billions After Bad
- McConnell Says ‘100 Percent’ of His Focus Is on Blocking Biden’s Agenda
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on