By Charles Creitz | Fox News
Some Democrats are beginning to use terminology popular with conservatives in order to highlight their policies, according to pollster Frank Luntz.
Republicans must create a cogent message to combat this new trend if they want to win in future elections, Luntz claimed Friday on “The Ingraham Angle.”
“My concern is that the Democrats are using — sometimes — language of the right as a way to push policies of the left,” he said.
“And conservatives have to be careful about that. You use softer, gentler, kinder words to push things that are about either government control or government giveaways, and the conservatives need to have a message — they need to have an answer to that.”
TRUMP DEFIES OMINOUS PREDICTIONS WITH NONPARTISAN JULY 4TH SALUTE TO AMERICAN SPIRIT
Luntz was reacting to a montage of 2020 Democratic candidates claiming health care is a “human right.”
To that extent, Ingraham added a conservative analyst once explained, if something “is a human right, you don’t have to debate it anymore.”
“So, if it’s a ‘human right,’ there’s no debate, you have to give it to them,” she added, characterizing the idea.
Luntz agreed, adding if someone is against certain policy proposals in that regard they can be painted as, “cruel and inhumane.”
In regard to the idea of Medicare-for-all, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel claimed recently on “Fox & Friends” the platform will not resonate with voters in the end.
Voters will turn away from candidates pushing the idea in the end and claims the plan will improve access to quality health care are unfounded, Siegel said last month.
“I think it’s a campaign slogan. I don’t think it’s ever going to happen. They will self-destruct by getting behind it,” he claimed.
“I can’t believe they are making it a campaign issue. It’s so unpopular.”
- Biden downplayed Antifa’s threat at Tuesday’s debate, but the WH, experts believe it’s a terror group
- Chamber of Commerce’s top political strategist abruptly forced out
- US private employers add 749,000 jobs in September, topping expectations
- Mnuchin signals stimulus deal is near, driving Dow up nearly 400 points at open
- House GOP China task force to release report on combating Chinese Communist Party: ‘US must act decisively’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on