By The New York Post
The bombshell detail was divulged as prosecutors accused her of purposely hiding her wealth.
Ghislaine Maxwell is secretly married — and refusing to reveal her husband’s name, prosecutors said this week at the accused madame’s bail hearing.
The bombshell detail was divulged Tuesday as Manhattan prosecutors accused her of purposely hiding the extent of her wealth.
“In addition to failing to describe in any way the absence of proposed co-signers of a bond, the defendant also makes no mention whatsoever about the financial circumstances or assets of her spouse whose identity she declined to provide to Pretrial Services,” Assistant US Attorney Alison Moe told Manhattan federal court Judge Alison Nathan during a video conference.
GERALDO RIVERA ACCUSES JUDGE WHO DENIED GHISLAINE MAXWELL BAIL OF ‘COPPING OUT TO THE MOB’
Ghislaine Maxwell appears via video link during her arraignment hearing where she was denied bail for her role aiding Jeffrey Epstein to recruit and eventually abuse minor girls, in Manhattan Federal Court, in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S. July 14, 2020 in this courtroom sketch. (Reuters)
Moe added, “There’s no information about who will be co-signing this bond or their assets, and no details whatsoever.”
Maxwell’s lawyers asked for her to be sprung on a $5 million bond.
Prosecutors convinced the judge that Maxwell poses an “extreme” flight risk if let out on bail, claiming she used a fake identity to purchase her sprawling New Hampshire hideout, lied about her overall wealth and spent the last year hiding from authorities.
GHISLAINE MAXWELL DENIED BAIL: JUDGE SAYS EPSTEIN COHORT IS FLIGHT RISK DUE TO WEALTH, ‘FOREIGN CONNECTIONS’
Nathan refused to set bail for the British socialite, shipping her back to the Metropolitan Detention Center pending her trial, which was set for next July.
Maxwell was busted July 2 on a six-count indictment charging her with recruiting and grooming young women to be sexually abused by both her and Jeffrey Epstein, her one-time lover.
This story originally appeared in the New York Post.
- AOC calls on Cuomo, de Blasio to raise NY taxes: report
- Murkowski loosens stance on Supreme Court nominee, says she may vote for Trump’s pick
- Trump leaves press briefing for ’emergency phone call’
- McCarthy threatens motion to oust Pelosi if she tries to impeach Trump to delay SCOTUS confirmation
- Outrage erupts as Kentucky AG Cameron explains no criminal charges in Breonna Taylor’s death
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on