By: Stuart Varney
The candidate pushing tax hikes was sure to win. The media and the elites backed him. The polls all said he would come out on top. Even the exit polls said he would win. But he didn’t. Bill Shorten, Labour Party leader, lost Australia’s general election. The pundits are in a state of shock!
Now we don’t spend much time on Australian politics, but Democrats here should be taking a long hard look at this one. In Australia voters were not prepared to sacrifice in the name of climate change, and they didn’t want to risk their prosperity by taxing the rich.
That’s what Bill Shorten ran on: That’s what Australia’s media and its elites supported. And they lost!
Take note, Democrats. Their presidential candidates are running on the same Green New Deal and tax-the-rich ideas that just lost the election for their counterparts in Australia.
What happened Down Under this past weekend is so very similar to what happened in America in 2016.
Hillary couldn’t lose. The elites and their media allies were convinced they knew better than ordinary people. As we know, Hillary lost. Trump won a shocking victory!
Same in Australia now: A loss for the left. A shocking win for tax cutters!
Yes, that Australian election is worth spending time on. It may well be a taste of what’s to come again, here, in 2020.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on