By Baxter Dmitry
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is being called a hypocrite by people on both sides of the political divide after a video of the former vice-president was unearthed in which he slams American employers for hiring illegal immigrants and calls for a fence “40 stories high” at the US-Mexican border.
“I voted for a fence,” Biden boasts in the recently unearthed video, before launching into a rant against “American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals” and “people driving across that border with tons, tons, hear me, tons of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin and it’s all coming up through corrupt Mexico.”
The Biden in the video stands in stark contrast to the Democratic front runner who has accused Trump of using migrants’ illegal status “to demonize people” and called his immigration policy “one of the darkest moments in our history.”
Filmed at a South Carolina campaign stop in November 2006, the clip is hardly ancient history. Biden was referring to his vote for the Secure Fence Act, which secured over $1 billion for 700 miles of double-layered fencing on the border, and he wasn’t alone in supporting it – then-Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama also voted for the measure.
Many people jumped in to defend the apparent Democratic frontrunner, desperately trying to argue that a fence is nothing like a wall.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on