By Sam Dorman | Fox News
Lacy Lee Johnson, a Republican who’s running to unseat Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.,defended Israel’s decision to reject entry for the progressive congresswoman, arguing that she made herself the nation’s enemy by backing boycotts.
“The government of Israel was well within its rights to deny her and its expected that they would do that,” Johnson told “Fox & Friends” on Saturday. “Ms. Omar has openly called for the boycott, divestment, and sanction of Israel and, as such, she has basically made herself an enemy of that nation.”
He added that no country he could think of would let someone like that enter. Johnson also pointed to Omar’s itinerary which he said was about delegitimizing Israel and pushing the BDS movement.
ISRAEL BLOCKS OMAR, TLAIB FROM ENTERING COUNTRY AMID PRESSURE FROM TRUMP
Omar, Johnson alleged, was trying to become an “international celebrity” rather than focusing on the people in her district who were dealing with crime and poverty.
Johnson’s comments echoed those of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who claimed the itinerary — which stated she was visiting “Palestine” rather than “Israel” — served as evidence that Omar’s intent was to further a boycott.
Israel’s decision came after President Trump claimed that Omar and her colleague, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., hated Israel and the Jewish people.
“They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!” he tweeted.Sam Dorman is a reporter with Fox News.
- Wildfire erupts in California’s Napa County, emergency evacuations over ‘dangerous rate of spread’
- Mexican authorities issue warrants for military, police allegedly linked to disappearance of 43 students
- Andrew McCarthy: Steele dossier source – would you believe a suspected Russian spy?
- Hawley warns Schumer not to criticize Barrett over religion during SCOTUS hearing
- Senator Kennedy to Dem colleague ‘Sell crazy somewhere else’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on