By Victor Garcia | Fox News
“I’ve come to the sad conclusion that Democrats, they’re basically done with democracy at least when it delivers results they don’t like,” Ingraham said on “The Ingraham Angle.”
GIULIANI SUBPEONED BY HOUSE DEMS FOR UKRAINE DOCS IN IMPEACHMENT PROBE
Ingraham said she believes that Democrats are not confident they can win in 2020 and are undermining the system, citing former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton calling President Trump’s presidency “illegitimate” this Sunday on CBS News.
“Well, in 2016 remember nearly 63 million Americans turned out for Trump and he beat Hillary by 74 electoral votes. The left cannot take that risk again,” Ingraham said. “They’re not so confident.”
A new Quinnipiac University poll indicates American voters are evenly split — 47 percent to 47 percent — on whether President Trump should be impeached and removed from office over the Ukraine controversy.
Ingraham believes Democrats want to use impeachment to “smear” Trump.
“Even if they can’t actually remove him from office with a Senate conviction they want an impeachment vote by year’s end to smear him,” Ingraham said.
The host argued that Democrats are angry with not only Trump but America itself.
“Now they are not just angry, the Democrats, with Trump or his policies. Many of them are angry with America,” Ingraham said. “They don’t care if impeachment is bad for the country if it’s going to hurt our economy or even the president’s ability to conduct foreign policy.”
Fox News’ Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Liz Peek: Biden and the debate – this could shake up the race as former VP finally gets grilled
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on