By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News
While the Trump administration is taking heat from Democrats as U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) begins deportation operations across the country, White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway claims that the president is simply following in the footsteps of his Democratic predecessor.
Recalling how raids were carried out under President Obama, Conway discussed the reputation the 44th president garnered due to his actions against undocumented immigrants.
ICE DEPORTATION RAIDS UNDERWAY IN NEW YORK CITY, ‘NUMBER OF JURISDICTIONS,’ OFFICIAL SAYS
“He was referred to as ‘Deporter in Chief,’ very harshly in 2012,” Conway noted, “and he said ‘I’m not a king, I have to enforce the law.’”
Conway said that the ongoing deportation operations are simply part of ICE’s job.
“ICE does this every single day, it’s called enforcement actions,” she added, point out that the people being targeted are those who already have final removal orders against them after they exhausted their appeals.
ICE RELEASES REPORT OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO ALLEGEDLY COMMITTED CRIMES AFTER COPS IGNORED DETENTION REQUESTS
Conway also discussed the ongoing crisis at the southern border, saying she is opposed to separating children from their parents.
“I think you can enforce the law without separating families,” she said.
Conway blamed the practice on those who are no longer part of the administration. Family separation drew headlines when it started taking place on a large scale under a zero-tolerance policy on illegal border crossing that started under former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
- GAO: Millions in Danger of Missing CCP Virus Payments
- Severino and Scaturro: Supreme Court confirmation can proceed – History, voters confirm it
- Cal Thomas: Trump and Supreme Court’s future — conservatives have been waiting for this moment for decades
- Big Tech leads stocks higher as Fed Chairman Powell testifies on coronavirus recovery
- What to know about the top female judges being mentioned for SCOTUS
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on