By Sam Dorman | Fox News
White House adviser Kellyanne Conway Tuesday accused Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., of being hypocritical for claiming to care about migrants while refusing to approve additional congressional funding to improve conditions at the border.
How many migrant women did @AOC help by voting AGAINST the $4.6 billion bipartisan humanitarian aid that is FOR THEM?
(She even voted against the Democrat aid package).
All talk, no dollars.
“How many migrant women did @AOC help by voting AGAINST the $4.6 billion bipartisan humanitarian aid that is FOR THEM?” Conway asked on Tuesday. “(She even voted against the Democrat aid package). All talk, no dollars.”
Her comments came just after Ocasio-Cortez visited a migrant detention camp where, she claimed, women were told to drink out of toilets — an assertion that former Acting ICE Director Tom Homan called “ridiculous.”
CONWAY: HOUSE DEMOCRATIC LEADERS FRUSTRATED WITH OCASIO-CORTEZ, OMAR AND OTHER ‘RADICAL FRESHMEN’
Ocasio-Cortez has frequently criticized border conditions and cited them as a reason to halt funding for two of the nation’s chief immigration enforcement agencies — Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Conway, on Tuesday, accused Ocasio-Cortez of using her border visit as a photo-op and called on others to challenge her claim about the camp she visited.
How many migrant women has Kellyanne Conway touched? Hugged? Sat on a concrete floor with? Actually listened to?
The answer is none. Her actions show she doesn’t believe all human beings are worthy of basic dignity.
That‘s why she defends & muddies the clear and indefensible.
“How many migrant women has Kellyanne Conway touched? Hugged? Sat on a concrete floor with? Actually listened to? The answer is none,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted, prompting Conway’s tweet about border funding.
The New York congresswoman also criticized her colleagues on Tuesday, saying they failed to include amendments to provide accountability for spending by immigration authorities. Sam Dorman is a reporter with Fox News.
- Republicans on North Carolina Board of Elections resign after mail-in ballot changes
- Trump says Biden ‘should leave the campaign’ after Senate GOP report on Hunter Biden’s business dealings
- E.W. Scripps nears $2.65B takeover of ION Media in Berkshire deal
- 2020 now a referendum on vengeful Democrats, not controversial Trump
- McConnell calls Schumer ‘uniquely non-credible’ on judicial norms, Dem leader slams GOP on ‘fiction’ precedent
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on