By Charles Creitz | Fox News
President Trump is open to negotiating with China and Chinese President Xi Jinping, despite claims to the contrary, according to Kellyanne Conway.
Indeed, the president is intent on a lasting deal, and not just a short-term fix, White House aide Conway said Tuesday on “The Story.”
“Is there anyone who thinks China is not ready to make a deal? This president is taking the long view on China because it was neglected for so many decades, Martha, that it left us with a half-a-trillion-dollar trade deficit,” she said after Martha MacCallum pointed to reports Chinese officials were claiming Trump’s “credibility has become a key obstacle.”
“This president certainly is open to continued talks and negotiation, he’s made that very clear,” Conway continued.
GRAHAM: ‘ACCEPT THE PAIN’ THAT COMES WITH TRADE BETWEEN US AND CHINA
Conway added that U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin recently traveled to China to meet with top officials there.
“This president doesn’t mind waiting if it’s a better deal for America,” she added. “Other presidents didn’t even bother to make any deal.”
Speaking to MacCallum in Washington, Conway said: “This president came to this city to disrupt it. Part of that is to have bilateral trade agreements that no longer screw the American worker.”
She also said Trump should be lauded for inking a trade deal with Japan while he and President Shinzo Abe were together in France.
“This is a huge trade agreement — he secured with them agriculture, beef and also digital technology.”
She said Trump’s position on engaging in trade negotiations with other nations was clear.
“Anybody who doesn’t know where the president stands on trade with China hasn’t been paying attention for two and a half years. … He is not going to allow anybody, let alone the No. 2 economy in the world, to play Americans for fools.”
Fox News’ Martha MacCallum contributed to this report.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on