By Audrey Conklin | Fox News
The reason behind the activation remains unclear.
One-thousand National Guard members have been activated amid the coronavirus pandemic and national protests.
The Boston Herald reported that Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker’s order was a reaction to Jacob Blake’s shooting, though a statement from the governor’s office doesn’t indicate a specific reason.
“National Guard personnel are deployed only at the request of, and in coordination with, the communities seeking support,” state officials emphasized.
BOSTON POLICE CHIEF ‘ALARMED’ AFTER PROTESTERS INTERFERE WITH GUN ARREST
The governor called the guard in May after protests following the death of George Floyd turned violent in Boston, with stores looted and a police cruiser torched, the Herald reported.
Guard troops also helped deliver coronavirus supplies and tests to areas in need.
More demonstrations are planned for Sunday at the State House in Boston over a Massachusetts order requiring all students to get flu vaccinations before they return to school, according to the Herald.
Smoke rises around police as they use pepper spray during clashes with protesters after a May 31 demonstration over the death of George Floyd. (Photo by JOSEPH PREZIOSO/AFP via Getty Images)
Protests have erupted across the country after a white Wisconsin police officer attempting to arrest a Black man named Jacob Blake shot him seven times in the back on Aug. 23. The officer was responding to a domestic violence call in Kenosha.
Demonstrations escalated in Kenosha and authorities arrested a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of intentional first-degree homicide in two shooting deaths during protests in the city Tuesday.
George Floyd, who was Black, died in May in Minneapolis while in police custody after a White officer trying to arrest him held a knee to Floyd’s neck for nine minutes.
- Maricopa County Audit Report Expected in August
- Gov. Abbott Signs Into Law 7 Bills Enforcing Second Amendment in Texas, Including Constitutional Carry
- Pennsylvania Election Audit a ‘Very Real Possibility’: Top Senate Republican
- Probe Into Fulton County Absentee Ballot Forms Started Before Public Announcement: Official
- Entire Portland Police Rapid Response Team Quits After Officer’s Indictment
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on