By Evie Fordham | Fox News
The pair were married from 2001 to 2005.
Kimberly Guilfoyle, who was previously married to California Gov. Gavin Newsom before he became the state’s top elected official, blasted California in her speech at the Republican National Convention — something Newsom refused to comment on.
“This may leave you wanting,” Newsom told reporters when asked about Guilfoyle’s speech, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “I respectfully defer to the next question.”
Guilfoyle is a senior fund-raising official for the presidential campaign of President Trump, while Newsom is a high-profile Democrat who spoke at the Democratic National Convention last week.
REPUBLICANS OFFICIALLY RENOMINATE TRUMP, PENCE TO LEAD GOP TICKET IN NOVEMBER
“If you want to see the socialist Biden-Harris future for our country, just take a look at California,” Guilfoyle, a former Fox News personality, said during her convention speech on Monday. “It is a place of immense wealth, immeasurable innovation, and immaculate environment. And the Democrats turned it into a land of discarded heroin needles in parks, riots in streets and blackouts in homes. In President Trump’s America we light things up. We don’t dim them down.”
Guilfoyle’s speech was panned by some for her theatrical, high-volume presentation.
Guilfoyle and Newsom were married from 2001 until 2005, when they jointly filed for divorce. Newsom had been elected mayor of San Francisco in 2003.
May 14, 2020: California Gov. Gavin Newsom discusses his revised 2020-2021 state budget during a news conference in Sacramento, Calif. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli, Pool)
Guilfoyle is now dating Donald Trump Jr., the president’s oldest son, and has one child with ex-husband Eric Villency.
PBS REPORTER HIT FOR TWEET CRITICIZING PARALYZED REPUBLICAN’S SALUTE TO FLAG
Newsom and his wife Jennifer Siebel Newsom met in 2006 and have four children: Montana, Hunter, Brooklynn and Dutch.
Newsom and Guilfoyle were reportedly still friendly in 2018, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- House Committed Six Violations of the Constitution During Impeachment: Alan Dershowitz
- White House Showcases List of Trump Presidency Accomplishments
- Minimum Wage Mandate in Biden’s Pandemic Relief Plan Estimated to Wipe Out 1.3 Million Jobs
- Leaked Video Reveals Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s Internal Discussions Before Trump Ban
- Pentagon Names 9 New Chinese Companies With Ties to Chinese Military
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on