By Evie Fordham | Fox News
Former ambassador to the UN dismissed ‘nonsense’ about her replacing Vice President Pence.
Former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Tuesday she would be open to returning to the Trump administration if the president is reelected but said it’s “too soon to tell” if she’ll choose to run for the nation’s highest office in 2024.
Haley told FOX Business’ “Mornings with Maria” she has not spoken with the president about taking another post in his administration.
“Right now, we want to see the president and Vice President Pence get over the finish line in November,” Haley said. “I think that’s what’s most important. But certainly any chance there is to serve our country, I want to do it.”
“All that nonsense about me and Pence, he’s a dear friend, he’s done a great job. He’s been loyal to the president, and the American people should be very proud,” she said, referring to a push from some pundits for President Trump to abandon Vice President Mike Pence as his running mate and choose Haley instead.
NIKKI HALEY TOUTS TRUMP’S FOREIGN POLICY AGENDA, SAYS ‘AMERICA IS NOT A RACIST COUNTRY’
Haley spoke at the Republican National Convention on Monday night amid buzz that she’ll be a 2024 favorite.
Haley speaks during the Republican National Convention from the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, D.C., Monday, Aug. 24, 2020. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
“It’s too soon to tell any of that right now,” she told “Mornings with Maria.”
Haley touted Trump’s foreign policy agenda during her speech at the Republican National Convention while lambasting Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for his “record of weakness and failure.”
Fox News’ Andrew O’Reilly contributed to this report.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on