TO THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES:
I transmit herewith, for the advice and consent of the Senate to its ratification, the Protocol to the North Atlantic Treaty on the Accession of the Republic of North Macedonia (the “Protocol”). The Protocol was signed in Brussels on February 6, 2019, on behalf of the United States and the other Parties to the North Atlantic Treaty. Also transmitted for the information of the Senate is an overview of the Protocol by the Department of State. Full ratification of the Protocol will allow North Macedonia to become a Party to the North Atlantic Treaty and a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
As further explained in the report on the accession of North Macedonia to NATO, transmitted to the Congress on March 27, 2019, pursuant to section 3(2)(E)(ii) of the Resolution of Advice and Consent to Ratification of the Protocols to the North Atlantic Treaty of 1949 on the Accession of Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic of April 30, 1998, North Macedonia is a steadfast security partner of the United States, and its NATO membership will directly benefit United States strategic interests and the NATO Alliance.
I ask that the Senate provide its advice and consent, and my Administration stands ready to brief and assist you in your deliberations.
DONALD J. TRUMP
THE WHITE HOUSE,
April 29, 2019.
- Project Veritas Bombshell: Ilhan Omar Connected to Illegal Ballot Harvesting Scheme
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on