By Brie Stimson | Fox News
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story misreported the time and place of the incident involving Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and a heckler. The incident occurred in 2018 in Schiff’s home district of Burbank.
A 2018 video of several angry protesters getting up close and personal with Rep. Adam Schiff, calling the California Democrat a “liar,” among other things, and advising him to “Move to Venezuela!” resurfaced on social media this weekend during President Trump’s impeachment trial.
Another protester then shouts, “Move to Venezuela, Mr. Schiff!”
Over three days last week, Schiff led a team of Democrats who argued that Trump abused his power by asking Ukraine’s president to investigate the Bidens and withholding $400 million in military aid, allegedly on that condition.
They also claim the president obstructed Congress by blocking witnesses and documents during the House’s impeachment inquiry last fall.
Schiff’s team told Fox News the video is from a California event in 2018.
Venezuela, a socialist country, has been in political and economic turmoil for years, partially due to food shortages and hyperinflation.
The U.S. and more than 50 governments recognize the country’s opposition leader Juan Guaidó as interim president of the country. They say President Nicolás Maduro wasn’t legitimately re-elected last year because opposition candidates weren’t permitted to run.
- Project Veritas Bombshell: Ilhan Omar Connected to Illegal Ballot Harvesting Scheme
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on