By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
The House Democrats’ impeachment push is “an unfair partisan process,” said Rep. Jim Jordan on “America’s Newsroom” Monday.
“It’s all being done in the basement of the Capitol where no one in the country can see, based on an anonymous person that only [House Intelligence Committee Chairman] Adam Schiff and his staff know who this guy is,” said Jordan, R-Ohio, the ranking Republican on the House Oversight Committee.
His comments come as a motion to censure Schiff, D-Calif., is gaining steam with House Republicans. Fox News has learned 135 lawmakers have now signed on as co-sponsors.
BONGINO ON HOUSE DEMOCRATS’ IMPEACHMENT PUSH: ‘THIS IS LIKE THE RETURN OF THE JEDI OF HOAXES’
The resolution to censure Schiff, who has become a favorite target of Republicans for his role in the Trump impeachment inquiry, was first introduced late last month by Rep. Andy Biggs, the Arizona Republican who chairs the conservative House Freedom Caucus, and has the support of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., and House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., among other ranking Republicans.
Democrats have the majority and control the floor in the House, but Republicans could still attempt to force a vote on the matter.
BOLTON INSTRUCTED FORMER RUSSIA ADVISER TO ALERT NSC LAWYER OVER UKRAINE, ADVISER TESTIFIES
Jordan accused Schiff of “selectively leaking” information to the media from closed-door hearings and not allowing Republicans to call witnesses. He also said White House and State Department lawyers were not allowed to attend the hearings.
“The American people, they get fairness, they understand fairness, and they instinctively know what Adam Schiff is doing, what Nancy Pelosi is doing is not fair,” Jordan said, faulting the whistleblower for waiting 18 days before contacting Schiff’s staff with his concerns about the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky, during which Trump asked for the country to help investigate the Biden family.
“Only Adam Schiff and his staff know who this guy is. The rest of the 300-plus million people in this country have no idea who the individual is who started the whole darn thing,” Jordan said.
Fox News’ Andrew O’Reilly contributed to this report. Joshua Nelson is a freelance reporter for Fox News.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on