By Fox News Staff | Fox News
A Republican senator introduced a resolution Tuesday condemning what he called a “failed experiment at socialism.”
Sen. Steve Daines R-Mont., who authored the resolution, told “Outnumbered Overtime”host Harris Faulkner that it all comes down to a pivotal choice.
“This is going to be a choice between freedom and socialism,” he said.
In February, President Trump emphasized the threat of socialism in his State of the Union address and committed to fighting it at all costs.
‘MEDICARE FOR ALL’ SPONSOR SAYS PLAN WOULD GUT 1 MILLION PRIVATE INSURANCE JOBS
“We are born free, we will stay free, America will never be a socialist country,” the president said at the time.
Daines said he hopes to bring the resolution to the floor and anticipates full support from his Republican colleagues.
“I think every member of the U.S. Senate should be on record for this resolution,” he said.
UNION LEADERS WARN GREEN NEW DEAL MAY LEAD TO POVERTY
Heading into 2020, Daines said the president must paint a clear distinction between his path for the country, and that of the Democratic candidates — many of whom support socialism.
The resolution comes as a new Fox News poll showed 54 percent of voters thought the U.S. moving from capitalism toward socialism would be a “bad thing” — even as 53 percent of Democratic primary voters said it would be a “good” development. The growing divide is expected to play a significant role in the 2020 presidential election.
Freshman congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., has largely become the face of socialism within her party since she ran on a socialist platform last year for a seat in the House.
“AOC and the squad have now become the face and the voice of the Democrats… that ought to be chilling and concerning for Americans who love freedom, want to protect our nation’s sovereignty and believe in the direction that President Trump is taking our country,” Daines said.This article was written by Fox News staff.
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Liz Peek: Biden and the debate – this could shake up the race as former VP finally gets grilled
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on