By David Aaro | Fox News
FBI and Secret Service agents were involved in the ongoing investigation, authorities said.
Two Virginia residents were arrested on Monday after they were found walking on railroad tracks behind an Ohio airport with a backpack containing a gun and ammunition before President Trump was set to conduct a rally nearby, according to authorities.
John Davison, 38, and Vicki Davison, 33, both of Virginia Beach, were arrested behind Toledo Executive Airport in Lake Township, which is a reliever airport for the city’s main Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport, where the rally was being held about 20 miles away.
FBI and Secret Service agents were involved in the ongoing investigation into the pair, authorities said, according to Bowling Green’s The Sentinel-Tribune.
LEVIN: SCHUMER UTTERED ‘WORDS OF A FASCIST, OF A BROWNSHIRT, OF A TOTALITARIAN’ AMID SCOTUS BATTLE
The Secret Service didn’t respond to Fox News’ late-night request for comment on the investigation.
Police originally responded to the area after a witness reported that two people had gotten out of a vehicle and were walking on the tracks with shovels and a backpack.
“They were not resisting, but not cooperating,” said Lake Township Police Chief Mark Hummer, according to the paper.
Their backpack contained a Glock pistol with an extended magazine, 200 rounds of ammunition, and four tourniquets, authorities said. At least two shovels and a pitchfork were also allegedly found in their possession.
Hummer added that the rented vehicle the pair had been in had several items “suspicious in nature,” which he described as “odd items, but nothing illegal.”
KLOBUCHAR MOCKED FOR TWEET INADVERTENTLY ARGUING TRUMP SHOULD FILL SCOTUS VACANCY
They were each charged with making terrorist threats; carrying a concealed weapon; inducing panic, and criminal trespassing after their arrests that involved the Secret Service because Trump was at the rally nearby, The Sentinel-Tribune reported.
It wasn’t immediately known if either one had retained an attorney.
Hummer said John Davison had been cited Sunday night by police in nearby Walbridge for criminal trespass at their street department.
The Toledo Express Airport recently changed its name to the Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Suburban mom on why she’s backing Trump: Biden can’t even say the words ‘law and order’
- Gutfeld on Trump’s rallies and Biden’s seclusion
- Hurricane Zeta expected to become even stronger before it makes landfall in Louisiana
- Media’s ‘total omission’ of accusations in new Bobulinski interview stuns critics
- Biden stays silent on Bobulinski claims about family’s business ventures
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says new criminal allegations against AG Ken Paxton ‘raise serious concerns’ on
- Chris Wallace: Trump ‘bears the primary responsibility for what happened’ at the debate on
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on