By Jack Phillips
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) husband, Paul Pelosi, was arrested and charged for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol on Saturday night, according to jail records and reports.
Pelosi, 82, was booked into jail at 4:13 a.m. local time on Sunday, and he was released at 7:26 a.m., according to Napa County records. The records, which included his exact birthdate, indicated that his bail was set for $5,000.
The public booking report said Pelosi faces a charge of violating two provisions under California’s Vehicle Code Section 23152. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and was also charged with having a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent or more. Both are misdemeanors.
Napa County is located in California’s Bay Area and is near San Francisco, the district that Speaker Pelosi has represented for decades.
Speaker Pelosi and her husband own a vineyard in Napa Valley, according to a 2015 report from the Los Angeles Times, which said the sprawling property was estimated to be worth between $5,000,001 and $25 million. Their property, located in St. Helena on Zinfandel Lane, is located near the Napa River and features a tennis court, according to Google satellite photos.
A spokesperson for Pelosi’s office confirmed that it was aware of the reports, but they told news outlets that the Democrat congresswoman won’t be commenting on the incident. The Epoch Times has contacted her office for comment.
“The Speaker will not be commenting on this private matter which occurred while she was on the East Coast,” the spokesperson said.
Pelosi was in Rhode Island on Sunday afternoon and gave a commencement address to graduates of Brown University. She has not made any public mention of her husband’s arrest.
Other details surrounding the incident were not immediately made available. It’s unclear if Paul Pelosi, who has run venture capital and investment firms, was driving alone when he was arrested.
Nancy and Paul Pelosi have been married since 1963. Paul Pelosi has previously said he’s tried to keep a low profile.
“I’ve made a conscious effort to not be involved or give the appearance of being involved in her political career,” he told the San Francisco Chronicle in 2004. “People should realize that she’s the one.”
Speaker Pelosi and her husband also own a vineyard in Napa Valley, according to a 2015 report from the Los Angeles Times. At the time, the sprawling vineyard was estimated to be worth between $5,000,001 and $25 million.
Celebrity gossip and entertainment news website TMZ was the first to report on his arrest.
- House Judiciary Republicans Tell Garland, Wray, Klain to Preserve Mar-a-Lago Raid Documents
- Republicans Call for Release of Affidavit That Justified FBI Mar-a-Lago Raid
- Trump Says FBI ‘Stole’ 3 of His Passports During Raid
- Shipping Problems Will Persist for Years, Fueling Cost-of-Living Crisis, Warns Logistics Giant
- JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon Warns of ‘Something Worse’ Than Hard Recession
- The Truth About Gun Violence in America on
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- COVID Vaccine Injury Reports Jump by 27,000 in One Week, FDA Pulls ‘Bait and Switch’ With Pfizer Vaccine Approval on
- Taliban ‘Holding’ Americans ‘Hostage’ at Afghanistan Airport: Top Republican Lawmaker on
- The Pfizer Vaccine is NOT APPROVED on