BY PATRICK HOWLEY
WASHINGTON—Conservative activists are launching a nationwide campaign to pressure congressmen from both parties to back away from their interest in impeaching President Donald Trump over his phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky.
Democrats led by House speaker Nancy Pelosi are calling for an impeachment inquiry into Trump, who asked Zelensky to help him investigate Democrat former vice president Joe Biden for admittedly pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor probing Biden’s son’s role on the board of the Burisma Holdings gas company during the Obama administration. Trump maintains that he did nothing wrong.
Insiders view Democrat congressmen in swing districts as being vulnerable in their 2020 re-election bids if they champion the impeachment of Trump.
Tea Party Patriots and local tea party groups are mobilizing in support of the president.
Tea Party Patriots co-founder and honorary chairman Jenny Beth Martin explained her strategy.
“Tea Party Patriots Action is asking everyone who supports President Trump and is upset about the witch hunt that has not turned into an impeachment inquiry to visit their local congressional office on Wednesday, Oct. 9,” Martin told The Epoch Times.
“Grab a buddy or two, show up at your local Congressional office on Oct. 9, and exercise your First Amendment rights. Let your Representative know you do not want the 2016 presidential election undone and do not want President Trump to be impeached,” Martin said.
“Now is the time to act. Turn your passion and anger and frustration into action to stand for President Trump and against impeachment. Show up and make your voices heard,” Martin said.
“These are congressional office visits and not specifically meant to be protests. If you prefer a demonstration and are able to host an event at your local congressional office, please use our event page to sign up. If not, just grab a few buddies and visit your congressman or congresswoman’s local office,” Martin said.
Atlanta Tea Party leader Debbie Dooley said that her organization is ready to go on Oct. 9.
“We’re having a protest and office visit. We’re going to be visiting Rep. Lucy McBath’s office and protesting her support of the impeachment inquiry,” Dooley said.
“We will have 50 to 100 people there. We’ll be at her office and in the parking lot outside,” Dooley said. “Impeachment is not a fact-finding mission, they are just trying to overturn the results of the 2016 election.”
Dooley said that Tea Party groups are eyeing “31 to 33 swing districts” as prime opportunities to pressure lawmakers against impeachment.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on