By Janice Dean | Fox News
Tropical Storm Marco is weakening Monday – yet it still brings the risk of heavy rain, storm surge, strong winds and tornadoes as the system moves inland.
Marco is forecast to move west along the Louisiana and Texas coast Tuesday and Wednesday.
The current projected path of Tropical Storm Marco. (Fox News)
Tropical Storm Laura is south of Cuba and will move into the Gulf of Mexico tonight. Unlike Marco, where conditions weren’t favorable for the storm to strengthen, Laura is going to move into very favorable conditions for strengthening and will become a very dangerous hurricane.
TROPICAL STORM LAURA PROMPTS FLORIDA KEYS FLOOD WATCH
We are still uncertain about exactly where and when Laura may make landfall, but right now it appears the Louisiana and Texas coast – just like with Marco — will need to be on alert.
The current projected path of Tropical Storm Laura. (Fox News)
Heavy rain, strong winds, storm surge and inland flooding from Laura could be deadly. All interests along the Gulf need to watch the path of Laura over the next few days.
Rainfall estimates for parts of the U.S. coastline later this week. (Fox News)
Across the West, wildfire danger is still a big problem. Smoke is blanketing much of the region and red flag warnings are still up for Northern and Central California as well as Southern Oregon and Northern Nevada.
National forecast for Monday, Aug. 24, 2020. (Fox News)
Dry thunderstorms will add to the danger for fires to spread, while air quality advisories are also up for many states due to the smoke and poor visibility. Excessive heat warnings are in effect for the Southwest.
Temperatures also are soaring across the Plains and Midwest into the Great Lakes, with highs in the 90- to 100-degree mark.
Strong to severe thunderstorms, meanwhile, will be possible from the Great Lakes into the Northeast.
Fox News’ Greg Norman contributed to this report.
- Republicans on North Carolina Board of Elections resign after mail-in ballot changes
- Trump says Biden ‘should leave the campaign’ after Senate GOP report on Hunter Biden’s business dealings
- E.W. Scripps nears $2.65B takeover of ION Media in Berkshire deal
- 2020 now a referendum on vengeful Democrats, not controversial Trump
- McConnell calls Schumer ‘uniquely non-credible’ on judicial norms, Dem leader slams GOP on ‘fiction’ precedent
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on