By Nick Givas | Fox News
Trump campaign spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany said Rep. Joaquin Castro’s, D-Texas, doxxing of the presidential donors has only fueled the fire, and inspired more people to come forward to help boost the commander-in-chief’s coffers ahead of 2020.
“We have historic fundraising. We expect that to continue,” she said Wednesday on “Outnumbered Overtime.”
“One donor who was targeted, who was on that list, anonymously told The Daily Caller, this is actually having the reverse impact. It is emboldening our donors,” McEnany continued.
“She said she was on the phone with donors, with friends, who are not yet donors but who said because of this — they are donating to President Trump. So when they do this and target Trump supporters and donors, they embolden our base. They embolden our donors and it will fuel our fundraising.”
JOAQUIN CASTRO FACING BACKLASH FROM ALL SIDES FOR POSTING TRUMP DONOR INFORMATION
Castro tweeted out a list of Trump donors from El Paso on Tuesday and was confronted about trying to shake them down politically by MSNBC host Willie Geist. Castro defended the tweet by saying all the information he released was publicly available.
On Thursday, McEnany accused Castro of trying to put the squeeze on Trump supporters to dampen their spirits and silence their civic voice, in an effort to bolster his own political agenda.
“The motive of this is to make this as painful as possible to be a Trump supporter. The left does not want President Trump holding rallies,” she said.
TRUMP CAMPAIGN BLASTS DEM REP FOR TRYING TO NAME AND SHAME DONORS: ‘DELETE & APOLOGIZE’
“They don’t want him receiving donors. They don’t want us out there talking about illegal immigration. So what do they do? They demonize anyone who is a supporter. It’s why Hillary Clinton called us all deplorable. It why Joe Biden said we are the dregs of society… That is their motive.
“Demonize us so we back down. But we are not backing down. We are showing up. It’s why President Trump has thousands waiting outside his rallies and many camping out the night before.”
Fox News’ Brooke Singman contributed to this report Nick Givas is a reporter with Fox News.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on