By Caleb Parke | Fox News
After President Trump finished his speech to the Young Black Leadership Summit at the White House, a young woman in attendance yelled something that stopped the president in his tracks.
“Let me pray for you,” Mahalet, an Ethiopian immigrant adopted by a Christian family in Indiana, said. Trump stopped the music and brought her up on stage to the presidential podium, according to Justin Wilson, who attended the Turning Point USA event.
PRO-TRUMP COMEDIAN TERRENCE K. WILLIAMS SAYS TWITTER SENT HIM ‘HATEFUL CONDUCT WARNING’ ON DAY OF WHITE HOUSE VISIT
“I’m not really good with prayers or anything like that but I just want to say thank you, Mr. President,” she said, “and I know we have a political warfare right now, but I strongly believe that it is a spiritual one as well.”
President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence pause on stage during a prayer during the Young Black Leadership Summit at the White House in Washington, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
“And I want to make sure that, I mean, I know that Americans are gonna wake up and we’re gonna get back to looking to God instead of social media and we’re gonna look back to Jesus because Jesus saves and this country was founded upon the Constitution, was built on godly principles and we’re gonna fight for that,” she added. “And I just want to encourage you guys to pray every day for this nation.”
Then she began her prayer, saying “I love God and I want to pray real quick.”
TEXAS JUDGE DEFENDS HUG, HANDING BIBLE TO AMBER GUYGER AS SHOW OF ‘LOVE AND COMPASSION’
“Dear God, I’m not really good at this,” Mahalet said, laughing. “But I just want to say thank you so much for giving us this opportunity to be in the White House. Thank you for giving us a great leader like Trump, Mr. Donald Trump, and I would like to thank you for waking up our nation.”
President Donald Trump embraces a woman on stage after she lead a prayer during the Young Black Leadership Summit at the White House in Washington, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. At left is Vice President Mike Pence. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
Photos of the event show Trump looking at Mahalet with a smile as she delivered the passionate prayer.
“God, I believe that you gave him to us and I believe that he’s gonna accomplish so much more. I know you have more for us…Jesus I ask you to protect us and walk with us and in Jesus’ name.”
WHO IS KANYE WEST’S CALIFORNIA PASTOR PREACHING AT SUNDAY SERVICE?
She finished to a room full of applause: “The enemy tries to attack us every day…and he has no room, no more, and that’s all I have to say.”
Trump gave her a hug and tweeted out “So amazing!” Wednesday after Benny Johnson, the chief creative officer at TPUSA, shared a video of the prayer online.Caleb Parke is an associate editor for FoxNews.com .
- First presidential debate: What to watch for at the Trump vs. Biden showdown
- Flynn lawyer in fiery hearing tells judge to recuse self over ‘abject bias,’ says she asked Trump not to pardon
- Texas’ largest county is approving voter registrations for noncitizens, lawsuit claims
- Supreme Court and ObamaCare – here’s what to expect if law is not upheld
- Rep. Scalise: ‘Somebody clearly broke the law to leak’ Trump’s tax history
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on