By Ivan Pentchoukov
Max Miller, a former aide to former President Donald Trump, won the Ohio Republican primary on May 3, according to multiple projections.
Miller drew 71.5 percent of the vote as of 10:27 p.m. with 62 percent of the districts reporting.
Trump had endorsed Miller when he was running against Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R-Ohio), who was one of a small group of Republicans who had voted to impeach Trump. Gonzales later quit the race and announced his retirement from Congress.
A redistricting in Ohio threw a late twist into Miller’s bid, eliminating the district he was running in. Miller instead challenged Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio). Gibbs subsequently announced his retirement from Congress.
Miller held a significant lead over the rest of the field in fundraising and polling. His campaign received nearly $2 million in donations as of April 13, according to the Federal Elections Commission (FEC). Gibbs raised $353,000, according to the FEC.
Last year, Miller face allegations of domestic violence from former girlfriend and former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham. Miller later sued Grisham for defamation, alleging that Grisham’s accusation was a malign attempt to promote a book she was about to release about her time at the White House.
Ohio’s 7th District is reliably Republican. Trump and Gibbs drew 65 percent of the vote there in the 2020 general election.
In the two contested Republican primaries in Ohio, J.D. Vance, who was also endorsed by Trump, won the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate. Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, won the nomination as part of his reelection bid.
- Fulton County Judge Orders DA to Respond to Trump’s Petition to Quash Grand Jury Probe
- Supreme Court Leaves Trump’s Steel Import Tariffs Intact
- Trump Responds to Speculation That DeSantis Could Be His 2024 Running Mate
- No Change to US Nuclear Posture Following Russia’s Pledge to Arm Belarus: State Department
- Nashville Covenant School shooting: Three children and suspect dead
- Ex-FBI Agent Charged With Working for Russian Oligarch Played Role in Trump-Russia Investigation on
- ‘Terrified’ doctors risking their health fighting coronavirus dealt another blow — pay cuts on
- Vermont Woman Fired, Denied Unemployment for Refusing Vaccine, Becomes Homeless and Flees to Florida on
- COVID Vaccine Injury Reports Jump by 27,000 in One Week, FDA Pulls ‘Bait and Switch’ With Pfizer Vaccine Approval on
- Taliban ‘Holding’ Americans ‘Hostage’ at Afghanistan Airport: Top Republican Lawmaker on