By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
‘This guy doesn’t come out of his basement, and he hasn’t taken one question,’ the president says.
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “does not come out of his basement,” said President Trump on Monday.
“We have a guy that doesn’t come out of his basement and the media covers,” Trump told “Fox & Friends.”
“When they ask me questions, I have these people — there is fire coming out of their eyes. They’re asking me questions. I see the fires burning in their eyes and I am looking at some of them. I said boy, how could you have so much hatred and we’re having such success,” Trump said
He said reporters “throw bombs” at him every day while Biden refuses to answer questions.
“And somebody like Biden, he doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t come out because he can’t. He doesn’t take any questions from reporters. … This guy doesn’t come out of his basement, and he hasn’t taken one question.”
TRUMP TO CAMPAIGN IN BATTLEGROUND STATES DURING DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION
For the past five months, President Trump, his campaign and his allies have mercilessly ridiculed Democratic challenger Joe Biden for “hiding in his basement” of his home in Wilmington, Del.
Monday’s kickoff to the Democratic National Convention marks Biden’s moment to reset the narrative about the energy behind his candidacy.
For one, he’ll get out of the “basement,” even as the pandemic-afflicted convention will be largely virtual — planning to deliver his nomination address later in the week from a convention center in Delaware.
The star-studded lineup will aim to fire up a base that has suffered from an enthusiasm deficiency ever since Barack Obama stopped topping the Democratic ticket, with musical guest performances from John Legend and others stacked alongside addresses by the Obamas, the Clintons and (briefly) AOC.
“He hasn’t taken one question. Somebody said yesterday, I don’t know if this is so, he hasn’t answered one question in months,” Trump said.
“If he were a president, he’s dealing with President Xi of China, President Putin of Russia, Kim Jong Un.”
Fox News’ Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on