By Jack Phillips
The final rollout of Truth Social, the social media platform backed by former President Donald Trump, is ready to go live as beta testing is now complete, said its CEO.
Devin Nunes, the former California congressman-turned-CEO of Trump Media and Technology Group, told Newsmax Thursday that all Truth Social subscribers will be able to use the app “in just a few days.” He did not provide an exact date and time.
“It has all-new equipment, and no Big Tech. And guess what? No one can cancel us,” he added, saying that beta testing is now finished. “We’re going to be open to everybody,” Nunes continued.
After the app launched in February, the launch has been plagued by technical issues and users not being able to log onto the platform. The app, which is not yet available on Android platforms, shot to No. 1 on Apple’s App Store, but is now currently hovering around 50th place on the list of most-downloaded apps in the social networking category.
The company on Friday said it is migrating to a cloud computing system operated by Rumble, an alternative to YouTube.
“Yesterday, Truth Social and Rumble took a major stride toward rescuing the internet from the grip of the Big Tech tyrants,” Nunes said in a statement released Friday. “Our teams have worked tirelessly to realize this great endeavor. Rumble’s cloud infrastructure is second to none and will be the backbone for the restoration of free speech online for ages to come.”
And amid reports of technical problems that users have experienced since its launch, Nunes and other prominent users, including radio host Dan Bongino, said that they’ve seen higher engagement on Truth Social. “The traffic to the site and to the show is off the chart,” Bongino recently told Just the News, adding: “The engagement is extraordinary right now.”
After the announcement that Truth Social would be tied to Rumble, the Trump SPAC Digital World Acquisition—which is taking the social media public—rose about 6.4 percent Friday.
When Truth Social was launched in February, about 500,000 users had signed up within the first 48 hours, according to reports.
It comes, meanwhile, as tech entrepreneur Elon Musk announced Thursday that he has lined up $46.5 billion to finance a Twitter takeover, about a week after he made a public offer to buy the firm. In the filing, Musk, who is also the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, said he has yet to receive any formal response from Twitter’s board of directors after last week’s offer.