By Joshua Nelson | Fox News
He said Democrats have a hidden agenda behind their police reform protests.
A Venezuelan refugee pushed back strongly on Ilhan Omar’s anti-capitalism statements, claiming on “Fox & Friends” that Democrats have a hidden agenda behind their police reform protests.
“I think that the big problem that her statement shows is that she revealed her whole intention from the beginning was not about the criminal justice system,” said Daniel Di Martino, who grew up in Venezuela and left the country as socialism took hold.
“The Democrats have not wanted to pass things like the Justice Act that the GOP proposed in the Senate by Tim Scott,” said Daniel Di Martino, who grew up in Venezuela and left the country as socialism took hold,” he said on Wednesday.
“Their goal from the beginning with the protests has always been to push a socialist agenda. They think that profit is bad. Profit is good. Profit means that businesses should produce more of what they’re doing. If there is no profit, we get to what happened to my country in Venezuela where businesses just shut down and everybody is jobless,” Di Martino continued.
OMAR DEFENDS CALL TO DISMANTLE MINNEAPOLIS POLICE DEPARTMENT, CALLING IT ‘ROTTEN TO THE ROOT’
Rep. Ilhan Omar called for dismantling economic and political systems that serve as a “system of oppression.”
The Minnesota Democrat said Tuesday that most conversations about police brutality and racial injustice do not go far enough in their call for change.
“We can’t stop at criminal justice reform or policing reform,” she said during an outdoor press conference. “We are not merely fighting to tear down the systems of oppression in the criminal justice system. We are fighting to tear down systems of oppression that exist in housing, in education, in health care, in employment, [and] in the air we breathe.”
Omar said it was time to “guarantee homes for all” due to racial disparities in homeownership. She said that homeownership rates are nearly twice as high for White families as they are for Black families.
She also promoted the Green New Deal “because we know that environmental racism is real.”
Di Martino said that regardless of where socialism was being implemented, it has led to the same result.
“She doesn’t believe in a system with profit. If she doesn’t believe in a system with profit, what system does she believe in? Do we want to take people’s businesses and raise taxes to 100 percent?”Joshua Q. Nelson, is a reporter for FoxNews.com.
- Longstanding tradition at debates comes to an end during first face off between Trump, Biden
- Amy Coney Barrett confirmation: Inside the White House’s plan to deploy ‘knife fighters’ to defend nominee
- California wildfires rage as wine country blaze forces evacuation of hospital, hundreds of homes
- North Korea accuses South of crossing disputed boundary to find dead official
- Liz Peek: Biden and the debate – this could shake up the race as former VP finally gets grilled
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on