By Gregg Re, Catherine Herridge | Fox News
The whistleblower at the center of Democrats’ impeachment inquiry acknowledged to the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) that bias against President Trump might be alleged against him or her for a third, previously unreported reason, sources familiar with the ICIG investigation tell fox news.
Fox News has previously reported the whistleblower is a registered Democrat and had a prior work history with a senior Democrat.
Though Fox News has learned that an additional element of possible bias was identified by the whistleblower, its nature remains unclear.
The whistleblower has insisted the complaint was not politically motivated, Fox News is told. Critics note, however, that the whistleblower met with House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s staff before the complaint was filed around mid-August.
GOP REPS STORM SECURE AREA, DERAILING DEM IMPEACHMENT HEARING
Yet on a disclosure form, the whistleblower did not check the box indicating that he or she had contact with “Congress or congressional committee(s)” before filing the complaint.
Schiff had previously claimed in a televised interview that “we have not spoken directly with the whistleblower” prior to the complaint being filed.
A Schiff spokesperson narrowed that claim earlier this month, telling Fox News that Schiff himself “does not know the identity of the whistleblower, and has not met with or spoken with the whistleblower or their counsel” for any reason.
An aide to Schiff insisted that when Schiff mentioned “we” had not spoken to the whistleblower, he was referring to members of the full House intelligence committee, rather than staff.
Fox News is told the disclosure form does acknowledge contact with “Other Office of Department/Agency involved,” which is presumed to be the CIA.Gregg Re is a lawyer and editor based in Los Angeles.
- Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources
- Pelosi doubles down that Biden shouldn’t debate Trump: ‘Why bother?’
- LA police detain, release driver after vehicle plows into protesters; at least 1 injured: report
- Terror probe opened into Paris knife attack that left at least 2 injured
- Breonna Taylor shooting: Video purportedly shows tense moments after officer was struck by gunfire
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on