By Louis Casiano | Fox News
President Trump said he’s been briefed on Navy pilots reported sightings of unidentified flying objects, but remained skeptical of the existence of UFOs.
George Stephanopoulos of ABC News raised the issue during an interview with Trump released Saturday.
PENTAGON FINALLY ADMITS IT INVESTIGATES UFOS
“I was struck in the last few couple of weeks, we’re reading more and more reports of Navy pilots seeing lots and lots of UFOs,” Stephanopoulos said to a smiling Trump. “Have you been briefed on that? What do you make of it?”
“I want them to think whatever they think,” Trump replied, referring to the Navy pilots. “I did have one very brief meeting on it. But people are saying they’re seeing UFOs. Do I believe it? Not particularly.”
The Navy recently announced it would update guidelines for how its pilots report “unidentified aircraft” in response to reports of strange sightings. Navy strike group pilots reported seeing strange objects flying above 30,000 feet at hypersonic speeds with no visible engine or infrared exhaust fumes, according to the New York Times.
The new protocol doesn’t mean Navy officials believe in UFOs, but “rather that the strange sightings warrant an investigation and need to be formally documented.”
Asked if he knew if there was evidence of extraterrestrial life, Trump said “I think our great pilots would know. And some of them see things a little bit different from the past. We’re watching, and you’ll be the first to know.”
- Trump Mulls White House Bid in CPAC Speech: ‘I May Even Decide to Beat Them for Third Time’
- Judge Approves $650 Million Facebook Privacy Lawsuit Settlement
- Trump Endorses Former Aide Max Miller Against GOP Rep. Who Voted for Impeachment
- 60 Years After Eisenhower’s Warning, Distinct Signs of a ‘Digital-Intelligence Complex’
- Trump ‘Planning for the Next Administration’: Former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on