By David Montanaro | Fox News
A Republican challenger to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., called out the freshman lawmaker Monday for appearing at a rally with Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., right near where an Amazon headquarters would have been built.
“They did this with 25,000 people, we heard, but omitted the fact that they killed 25,000 jobs by killing the Amazon deal right there in that part of town,” said Scherie Murray on “Fox & Friends,” adding that “good-paying jobs” were lost for the people of Queens and the Bronx whom Ocasio-Cortez represents.
Murray said she’s running for Congress because she believes the socialism supported by Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez is “dangerous to America.”
OCASIO-CORTEZ, OMAR, TLAIB TO ENDORSE BERNIE SANDERS
PELOSI ANNOUNCES HOUSE WON’T VOTE NOW ON WHETHER TO BEGIN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY
Ocasio-Cortez endorsed Sanders for the 2020 presidential nomination Saturday, saying his 2016 presidential bid “fundamentally changed” U.S. politics — as the 78-year-old lawmaker spoke at his first campaign rally since heart surgery earlier this month.
Ocasio-Cortez, who has quickly become one of the most prominent left-wing House lawmakers since taking office in January, backed Sanders formally at the rally in Long Island City. She credited Sanders with having inspired her to embark on her own long-shot political bid, in which she ousted longtime Rep. Joe Crowley last year.
“It wasn’t until I heard of a man by the name of Bernie Sanders that I began to question and assert and recognize my inherent value as a human being that deserves health care, housing, education and a living wage,” she said.
Murray, however, said Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders are pushing policies that will “keep government’s hands in the pockets of everyday Americans.”
“We have to put a stop to this far-left socialist movement that is going to ruin America.”
Amazon announced in February it was turning back on its plans to build a second headquarters in New York City. The move came after backlash from lawmakers, notably Ocasio-Cortez, over proposed tax breaks for the corporation. The project had the support of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, both Democrats.
The New York Daily News editorial board ripped AOC over the weekend for “celebrating at the scene of the crime” with Sanders. David Montanaro is a Senior Editor with Fox News.
- Election Assessment in Pennsylvania County Uncovers Five ‘Issues of Note’
- Nearly 800 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID-19 Vaccination in US
- California Woman Who Got Both Moderna Vaccine Shots Dies of COVID-19: Officials
- Report: Zuckerberg-Backed Grants, Which Were Irregularly Distributed, Increased Voter Turnout for Democrats in Wisconsin 2020 Election
- Texas to Build Its Own Border Wall and Arrest Illegal Immigrants: Governor
- Fauci Team Scrambled in January 2020 to Respond to Lab Leak Allegations, Emails Show on
- Busted! Windham Auditors Tampered With Machine Tape Data – Bombshell! on
- Over 15,000 Gas Stations Out of Fuel Nationwide on
- Here Is Why the Democrats Are Totally Panicked About the Arizona Audit on
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on