By Li Hai
A filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) shows that UBS Securities LLC arranged a private placement of $400 million with Staple Street Capital III, L.P. on October 8, 2020.
Staple Street Capital, a private equity firm located in New York, purchased Dominion Voting systems on July 17, 2018, for an undisclosed amount.
The securities firm that arranged the transaction, UBS Securities LLC, is a division of UBS Americas Inc, which ultimately falls under UBS Group AG, a company listed on the SIX Swiss stock exchange.
Three of four board members of UBS Securities LLC are Chinese according to Bloomberg, at least one of whom appears to reside in Hong Kong.
In 2014 UBS Securities LLC arranged a $200 million private placement for Staple Street Capital II, L.P. a previous company name. Staple Street Capital III, L.P. was founded in 2020. The previous company operated as a private equity fund and used the funds to invest in medium-sized businesses.
Dominion is facing multiple allegations for violating security standards and election manipulation, and it has denied those allegations.
“The company has no ownership ties whatsoever to USB [sic], or the governments of China, Cuba, or Venezuela,” the latest statement updated on Dec. 3 on Dominion website states.
Staple Street Capital made significant changes to its website recently. Information about Team, Executive Board, and Portfolio have all been deleted.
Neither Dominion nor Staple Street Capital has responded to a request for comment from The Epoch Times.
- House Committed Six Violations of the Constitution During Impeachment: Alan Dershowitz
- White House Showcases List of Trump Presidency Accomplishments
- Minimum Wage Mandate in Biden’s Pandemic Relief Plan Estimated to Wipe Out 1.3 Million Jobs
- Leaked Video Reveals Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s Internal Discussions Before Trump Ban
- Pentagon Names 9 New Chinese Companies With Ties to Chinese Military
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on
- Dominion’s Parent Company Arranges $400 Million Placement 1 Month Before Election: SEC Filing on
- Joe Biden listed as criminal suspect in Ukrainian court on