By Nick Givas | Fox News
The Washington Post’s headline calling ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi an “austere religious scholar” is “sick and repulsive,” Fox News host Sean Hannity said Sunday, following the confirmation of his death at the hands of U.S. special forces.
Al-Baghdadi, who took over as the head of ISIS after his predecessor Abu Omar al-Baghdadi was killed in 2010, was said to have detonated a suicide vest as U.S. special forces closed in. Troops were sent to attack a compound in northern Syria where al-Baghdadi was located, according to a U.S. defense official.
No U.S. Special Operations forces were harmed or killed during the mission, and Trump claimed the operation had been in the works for several weeks.
An “austere religious scholar”? “Dead at 48”?
No—he was cornered by the greatest toughest best military heroes on earth!!
How about we killed the evil SOB.
This is exactly why America will never trust these mainstream corrupt fake news outlets ever again…
Let me educate the Washington Post. Al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS… The terror organization that is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of people. ISIS terrorists take pleasure in beheadings and burning people alive in cages…
FAMILY OF AL-BAGHDADI VICTIM RESPONDS TO HIS DEATH FOLLOWING HARROWING RAID: ‘GRATEFUL TO OUR PRESIDENT’
Hannity called al-Baghdadi an “evil SOB” whom the awesome might of the American military finally defeated. He wrote that the Washington Post needed to be “educated” about the horrors he perpetrated upon innocent people.
“An ‘austere religious scholar’? ‘Dead at 48’? No—he was cornered by the greatest toughest best military heroes on earth!! How about we killed the evil SOB. This is exactly why America will never trust these mainstream corrupt fake news outlets ever again,” Hannity tweeted.
CNN AND JAKE TAPPER ‘APPLAUD’ PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR PRESS CONFERENCE PERFORMANCE FOLLOWING AL-BAGHDADI’S DEATH
“Let me educate the Washington Post. Al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS. The terror organization that is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of people,” he continued.
Hannity also claimed ISIS forces took pleasure in torturing their victims and shamed the Washington Post for trying to paint al-Baghdadi as anything other than a terrorist.
They use cars and trucks to mow down innocent people.
To describe Al-Baghdadi as an “austere religious scholar” is sick and repulsive.
We will break this down in great detail tomorrow night at 9pm on Hannity.
“ISIS terrorists take pleasure in beheadings and burning people alive in cages,” he wrote. “They use cars and trucks to mow down innocent people. To describe Al-Baghdadi as an ‘austere religious scholar’ is sick and repulsive.”
“Regarding our al-Baghdadi obituary, the headline should never have read that way and we changed it quickly,” Washington Post Vice President of Communications Kristine Coratti Kelly told Fox News earlier.Nick Givas is a reporter with Fox News.
- Liz Peek: Biden and the debate – this could shake up the race as former VP finally gets grilled
- Some Minneapolis City Council members may regret pledge to dismantle police department: report
- Trump calls New York Times report that he avoid paying taxes ‘totally made up’
- Trump takes press to task for skipping over Hunter Biden scandals
- Wildfire erupts in California’s Napa County, emergency evacuations over ‘dangerous rate of spread’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on