By Ronn Blitzer FOXBusiness
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said that if he wins the presidency in November’s election, he will raise taxes on Americans who earn more than $400,000 a year.
In an interview with ABC’s David Muir that aired Sunday, Biden discussed his plan for raising taxes that included this segment of the population and appeared to include businesses as well.
TRUMP CLAIMS BIDEN WIN WILL CAUSE DEPRESSION, ‘BIGGEST HEADWIND’ TO ECONOMY
“I will raise taxes for anybody making over $400,000,” Biden said. “Let me tell you why I’m going to do it. It’s about time they start paying a fair share of the economic responsibility we have. The very wealthy should pay a fair share — corporations should pay a fair share.”
Biden referred to businesses that take in “close to a trillion dollars and pay no tax at all.”
SOME RETIREES COULD SEE 5% SOCIAL SECURITY RAISE WITH BIDEN AS PRESIDENT
After saying this, Muir questioned the wisdom of burdening businesses with new taxes while the economy needs to recover from the coronavirus crisis.
“It’s smart to tax businesses that in fact are making excessive amounts of money and paying no taxes,” Biden said.
When asked, Biden said that there would be no new taxes for small businesses or individuals who earn $400,000 or less.
The policies Biden intends to enact, including the tax hike on those making more than $400,000 a year, would raise tax revenue by $3.8 trillion over the next 10 years, according to an analysis by the Tax Foundation. The Tax Foundation says Biden’s plan would end up collecting roughly $3.2 trillion in actuality “when accounting for macroeconomic feedback effects.”
President Trump warned in a recent FOX Business interview that a Biden presidency would bring about the “biggest tax increase in history.”
FOX Business’ Evie Fordham contributed to this report.
- AOC calls on Cuomo, de Blasio to raise NY taxes: report
- Murkowski loosens stance on Supreme Court nominee, says she may vote for Trump’s pick
- Trump leaves press briefing for ’emergency phone call’
- McCarthy threatens motion to oust Pelosi if she tries to impeach Trump to delay SCOTUS confirmation
- Outrage erupts as Kentucky AG Cameron explains no criminal charges in Breonna Taylor’s death
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on