By Brooke Singman | Fox News
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other top Republican senators are leading a new program for the Trump campaign’s finance committee to encourage GOP members of the Senate to volunteer as fundraisers to “ensure” the campaign and the Republican National Committee have “the necessary resources” to win in November.
The program, called the “Senate Captains Program,” will work with the Trump Victory Finance Committee — a joint field effort between the Trump campaign and the RNC — and will “spearhead outreach” to GOP senators.
TRUMP’S BIRTHDAY MARKS RNC, TRUMP CAMPAIGN’S SINGLE BEST ONLINE FUNDRAISING DAY EVER
McConnell, R-Ky., will be the “Senate Captain,” with Sens. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., Roy Blunt, R-Mo., Kevin Kramer, R-N.D., and Rob Portman, R-Ohio, serving as “co-captains.”
“As the Democrat Party embraces socialism and rejects the values that make America great, it is crucial that our party comes together to reelect President Trump and support Republicans up and down the ballot,” McConnell said in a statement. “The new Senate Captains program, led by Kimberly Guilfoyle and the Trump Victory Finance Committee, will give our party the resources it needs to reelect President Trump and defeat the Democrats’ leftist agenda.”
The program was introduced Wednesday by Guilfoyle, a former Fox News co-host, who noted that “it is vital” to “tap into the skills of our congressional leaders to enhance our nationwide volunteer fundraising effort.
GOP ENJOYS TWO-TO-ONE CASH ADVANTAGE OVER DEMS, SPENDS BIG ON ADS
“The Republican Party is unified around President Trump,” Guilfoyle said. “We are utilizing the extensive talents of all our supporters to win in November.”
The Trump campaign and the RNC have roughly $255 million cash on hand, compared to the approximately $100 million the Joe Biden campaign and Democratic National Committee have on hand.Brooke Singman is a Politics Reporter for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @BrookeSingman.
- Trump vows ‘comeback’ in campaign’s closing message, claims Biden will ‘lock down your state’
- Biden tax hike would accelerate exodus from high-tax states, experts predict
- Acting DHS Sec. Chad Wolf to Twitter’s Jack Dorsey: ‘Your censorship poses a threat to our security’
- DEROY MURDOCK: Trump’s latest Mideast peace deal buried by ABC, CBS, NBC in sand dune
- Fraudster attempts to register dead Americans as Dems in Florida
- Four battleground states see the most unreturned mail ballots so far on
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says new criminal allegations against AG Ken Paxton ‘raise serious concerns’ on
- Biden Caught Wearing Wire for Debate on
- Chris Wallace: Trump ‘bears the primary responsibility for what happened’ at the debate on
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on